Saturday, July 2, 2011

Post 62 - Lots to share... SFTIO's new kit, SFTIO's birthday Blog Hop scheduled, and my first REVEAL...

Blogging my evolution as an artistic art educator - An art-based experience...




Scrapbooking from the Inside Out's beautiful new kit "Independence" (July 2011) is up, and for sale... I thoroughly enjoyed creating artwork with it, and I know you will too!
            Plus, you will want to check out my blog on July 5th, because, in order to celebrate Scrapbooking from the Inside Out's 3rd birthday, they will be throwing a Blog Hop... I will explain more in a couple of days... So, remember to check back on the 5th!
            And... Last, for today, but not by any means least... Here is one of the five pages I just created, with the first kit I designed with ("Independence" - July 2011) from Scrapbooking from the Inside Out,... Each time I reveal a page, I will be explaining my processes... thoughts, techniques, etc...


I Am Torn - 12" x 12" 

 I Am Torn - Detail of journaling

 I Am Torn - Detail of corner embellishments


The focus and mission at Scrapbooking from the Inside Out is to encourage the exploration, excavating, and discovery of one's own personal experience and viewpoint on life, and express and share those "findings", through scrapbooking. It is more about scrapbooking one's self, instead of the typical scrapbooking about everyone else in one's life... Make sense?
            And, believe you me, even though I have done some of this "about me" writing, this was harder than I thought! But, the rewards are far more great... I am looking forward to more-and-more clarity, as I work with more of the kits, and challenges at Scrapbooking from the Inside Out.
            OK... About the page above... Because the theme/focus for July is "Independence", we (myself and the other Design Team members) were given the assignment to write about ourselves, in respect to this theme, and create pages to support our personal discoveries with the gorgeous items offered in SFTIO's monthly kit. (This, in turn, we hope, will encourage others to do the same!)
            "I Am Torn" is a page about my struggle with letting my youngest daughter, Josie,  grow up, and experience "independence", and how that conflict between keeping her safe, and letting her gain strength and confidence is an ongoing "battle" for me... and, will probably always remain so.
            The photo was taken by my eldest daughter, Lucia, on the day of my second eldest daughter, Nina's, college graduation party. I loved the photo so much, that I knew I wanted to use it for something. When we found out that the July focus was on "Independence", I went about shuffling pictures around, until I knew what I wanted to write about. 
            When the design process started, I knew I wanted to get away from square-edged photos, a bit at least, so I silhouetted the photo. Then, I started thinking about the title, which I had already determined during the journaling process... "I Am TORN"... And, since I hate to measure, because it brings out my perfectionist side, and "torn" paper was a strong reflection of this page's purpose, I went about creating a visual "tear", to emphasize my journaling and feelings.
            And, once I had the page basically "built", my personal design assistant (Josie) let me know it needed something else... I added the torn strips, and finally got the "thumbs up" from the kiddo! 
            I will be revealing all of the pages I created, over the next couple of weeks, with another one on the 5th, for the Blog Hop... See you then, or before... I have lots of photos to share from our Orlando too! (Josie and I had a great time!!!)


Safety, health, happiness, and peace... Pam

No comments: