Sunday, September 26, 2010

Post 37 - DRAWING CONCLUSIONS & ZENTANGLES - I don't really want to stick to a theme per day, I need to make time for art (no matter what my work and college class load is), and three zentangles to send...

Blogging my evolution as an artistic art educator - An art-based experiment...




First... I am not feeling the "theme thang". It just isn't making me blog more. In fact, I sometimes don't blog my thoughts and experiences in a day, because it doesn't "fit" with the daily theme I set up from the start. SO.... I am going to go back to "no theme" again, and see how that "flies"!

Second... OVERWHELMED... That is my state of mind at present.

I am taking one class in the art education department this quarter, and it doesn't involve one stitch of art-making required. (Of course, the art ed class is relevant, and I am very intrigued by the teacher's energy, but all the reading and writing and analysis... Not sure how I am going to do it all, and do it well.) And, I am taking one education class that I can't judge yet. I am crossing my fingers for something that is relevant to me. Both require reading, facilitating, and writing responses to others ideas (articles, and other class member responses)... I don't read that fast and I don't write that fast... BIG PROBLEM!!!

Not enough time, and too much work TO DO...

Add simply doing my job well, being the department chair, and applying for continuing contract and moving into a new building in to the mix (plus other things I can't talk about), and it's a mixture that does not leave time for art making... My life blood. My renewal. My redemption...

Fearing my sanity is at risk. (OK, not really. But, at least there is an "end in sight". By January, all will be semi-settled and done, except for my culminating project, which will be done when my evaluations at school are done.)

Why is everything so complicated these days? Answer me that...

Third... I have been working on more trades, and more experimenting for projects for school. The three zentangles above are for another Art 42 trade. And, I have photos of a challenge I set for myself regarding a journal project at Art 42, which I will put up soon.

Safety, health, happiness, and peace... Pam

No comments: