Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Post 1 - Explaining the experiment...

Blogging my evolution as an artistic art educator - An art-based experiment...


This is me... Pamela Ann Palmarini. I am an artist and an art teacher. I am finishing up my MA in Art Education 12 years after I started. I've been teaching this whole time, and it's time to finally finish what I started, mostly because I have to. Job security, of course. But, in the end, this is for me.

Currently, I am working on my culminating project, and now that the majority of the research is complete, I can get down to the fun stuff. The art and reflection part of my art-based project.

So, what's the blog have to do with my culminating project? Let's just say, I was influenced by the movie premise from Julie and Julia of blogging one's creative progress. The good and the bad. Successes and failures. I wanted to put my learning and growth process "out there", so maybe another art educator might gain something from my experience. And, of course, my pedagogy will get a good, healthy "shot in the arm"...

But alas, after a very long day of school and college, and home-life, my brain is struggling for clarity. So, I will add some more tomorrow about the basic goals, activities, and fun stuff I intend to accomplish here, hopefully with the end result of encouraging your comments and participation as well...

Safety, health, happiness, and peace... Pam

No comments: