Monday, June 7, 2010

Post 4 - Zombie momma'...

Blogging my evolution as an artistic art educator - An art-based experiment...

OK... Four and one half hours of sleep before waking to a 5:30 a.m. alarm for a 7:10 a.m. start to the third to last school day, does not a wakeful person make. Uggggg! Tired. So tired...

The short version for now... Got the display up and it is wonderful! I am very pleased with myself, and I have several good pictures of the display to share with you. I moved them to my hard-drive, Photoshop'd them, and will post them for my next post.

Today I am doing catch-up. I promised shots of the ATC bases I provided for DAAPworks viewers, and possible blog participants. Plus, I have two perfect examples by my sweet favorite artist, Josie. So, here is the shot of the bases and a scan of the examples... Enjoy!

How I did it: In essence, I took an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of white drawing paper and made lots of geometric, organic, planned and random marks all over it, with charcoal, pencil, Sharpie marker and china marker. Then, I used a copier to copy the ATC identification information onto the back of cardstock,
which I in turn ran back through the copier to get the base designs on the opposite side. I did positives
and negatives of my original marks, to create black-on-white and white-on-black ATC options. 
Finally, the ATCs were cut apart with a papercutter



Safety, health, happiness, and peace... Pam

No comments: