Saturday, July 3, 2010

Post 12 - ATCs from DAAPworks display...

Blogging my evolution as an artistic art educator - An art-based experiment...

Almost forgot to show you these (Thanks for the reminder Alexia!!), and they probably slipped my mind because I haven't done the ones I intended on doing yet myself, and I was kind of disappointed with the number of participants for my "experiment".

Yep, my daughter did two before the display went up and only three people left ATCs for me, out of eighty bases I left for playtime. I am happy to have the ones I have, yet deflated by the number of willing participants and viewers as well. A lot of work, for not much feedback. But, moving on...

That said, I would like to commend and thank Jacquelyn Sommer,  Kris Sommer, Amanda Dias, and my daughter Josie for being brave and creative, and for willingly participating in my "experiment"!

Here are their miniature works of art...


"Gratitude" - Jacquelyn Sommer


"My Trip to St. Louis" - Kris Sommer


"Miss" - Amanda Dias


"Nobody is Simply the Best" and "Keep a Head" - Josephine Palmarini


Love all of your examples, and I will be mailing back your artworks shortly!

As for MY examples, I am finally inspired to use four of the bases to create a series of ATCs that, when placed next to each other, create one big image/design together. Presently, I am participating in an exchange of artwork with others on a great site called Art 42, where challenges are issued and hosted, and creative souls send off their work and receive artwork from the other participants.

I started today by gluing four base ATCs from my display experiment to a piece of black cardstock, so they are temporarily linked. See below...




And, since I have some quiet time right now, I am going to get moving on them!

Also, don't worry about all of those ATC bases I have left. No wasted paper for me! I will be putting them to very good use when the school year starts again in August... (Always a bright side to everything!)

Safety, health, happiness, and peace... Pam

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't be disappointed. I am sure that for every one ATC that was completed, 20 people perused the exhibit thoroughly and enjoyed it. Not all participants are active. The majority, in any type of situation, are passive. Don't count out observation!

Pamela said...

Thanks sis!... You are right!