Monday, July 5, 2010

Post 14 - A bit of evidence that I am on the right path...

Blogging my evolution as an artistic art educator - An art-based experiment...


"One hundred and fifty Nobel laureates were interviewed, and they found that every single one of them had an application or a hobby that they were as equally passionate about as their work.


And every single one of them said that most of their ideas came when they were doing their hobby or their application. If those guys have figured it out and recognized the value of finding something joyful and playful and keeping it around, why isn't it good enough for the rest of us?"

---Kevin Carroll, from Caffeine for the Creative Mind


Safety, health, happiness, and peace... Pam

2 comments:

DrAnn said...

I love this quote and believe it applies to many fields of study. There is substantial evidence that this thinking applies to scientists as many major discoveries have occurred during day dreaming, dreaming, hiking and other non-work times. My own idea for my dissertation came to me while doing an aerobics class.... I worry about people who have no hobbies as they are missing out on rich experiences.

Unknown said...

Pam, I think this is a great incentive to take up a non-art related hobby. Singing classes, exercise (like Ann posits), volunteering, etc. I like crosswords, ukulele, and cooking. Anything performance or marketing related I still count as career, while all the home and baby research and work is my other career. The outliers are my "hobbies", just for me. Opens up the crowded hallways of my mind for the good stuff to stroll through.