Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Post 16 - ATCs finally finished and a splendid birthday...

Blogging my evolution as an artistic art educator - An art-based experiment...

Finally worked on and finished my ATCs using the bases I created for my display. This quad set will work for three things--one, examples of my own for my bases, two, examples for my students for a similar assignment, and three, Art 42 trade items. Triple duty, can't beat that!


Step 1 - Bases connected, in order to create one finished image with four separate ATCs.


Step 2 - Color background using alcohol inks, sand surface, collage paper elements, add paint stamped element (end of empty spool), to create repeated rhythm and movement across four ATCs.


Step 3 - Spray background with Glimmer Mist to unify and "push" background back, add focus images, and block out space for typography with thin gessoed layer (pale white circles).


Step 4 - Add stamped quote with solvent-based ink, and embellish ATCs with hand-stitching and Diamond Glaze with clear micro beads. Cut individual ATCs apart, sand edges, ink edges with orange Distress Ink, scan, and re-align with Photoshop for grouped view.


ATC 1 - Yesterday


ATC 2 - Tomorrow


ATC 3 - Today


ATC 4 - The Present


And, as far as my birthday went, I believe the highlights say it all...

Dinner made by my husband (fillet-mignon w/balsamic and arugula, asparagus w/garlic and tarragon, watermelon kabobs w/basil, cherry tomatoes and balsamic, and berries with whipped cream and cinnamon for dessert--all Weight Watcher's OK)... Watching The African Queen while enjoying the aforementioned meal with my husband, because the kiddo was elsewhere (Thanks Cia)... A new hardbound Wonder Woman coffee table book (from the kiddo and husband)... Swimming with the kiddo... Time to make art... Money to pay for half of my last two master's classes (Thank you Jeanne and Dad)... Calls and messages from family and friends all throughout the day...

Thank you all, and blessed be!

Safety, health, happiness, and peace... Pam

3 comments:

Keri said...

Wishing you the happiest of birthday, Pam!!! Love seeing your artistic-education journey via your blog! :)

Unknown said...

I think I am confused about the ATC purpose and process. Can you explain?

DrAnn said...

These ATC's are AMAZING! I'm curious about the motivation/thinking behind the foundation art. It is amazing to me that it is totally transformed and unrecognizable.... was this your intention? How did you get this idea? Why do you choose the abstract figures you did?

Your students' creativity will thrive in this exercise. Bravo!!!!!