Thursday, July 8, 2010

Post 15 - Surfing downs and ups...

Blogging my evolution as an artistic art educator - An art-based experiment...

Sometimes just surfing the web is a great way to find inspiration, and sometimes it can be downright depressing.

Advocacy for the arts is of particular interest to me these days with all of the education turmoil in our country going down. So, I've been surfing the NAEA site, the Getty's site, the Kennedy Center's site, etc... Some of the news is good and some not so good.

I did find a very interesting site called ARTSEDGE... Love the way this site is dedicated to bringing the arts and other disciplines together. I have always believed that the answers to a lot of the issues reside in cross-curricular education; we must come together, or we are destined to fall apart.

The site also has some FAB lessons, quotes, articles, advocacy information, and so on. Check it out, if you have a moment, or share the link with a teacher, art ed especially.

PS... By the way, sorry for missing the last two days. I promised myself that once July hit, I would be an everyday blogger, and I just couldn't find the brain cells for it with summer kid-stuff going on... Promise to work at being here for some tidbit everyday, if the universe allows.

PPS... Thanks for the great comments... (I have some brilliant followers!)

Anyway, finally a superb quote to ponder from the ARTSEDGE site...


Countless unseen details are often the only difference between mediocre and magnificent.

- Anonymous

Safety, health, happiness, and peace... Pam

No comments: