Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Post 26 - WHATEVER WEDNESDAY - Crocheted scarf, after 30 years of not picking up a crochet hook...

Blogging my evolution as an artistic art educator - An art-based experiment...



Bizarre how fear, stress and moodiness can effect a person. Never know what your survival instincts will reach out and grab a hold of to attempt some healing.

Even though my big sister is a crochet-goddess, I have not picked up a hook in approximately 30 years!

Well, hadn't would be a more appropriate word. Last week, I bought a hook, grabbed some cheap yarn and just started crocheting. Don't know why really. Just started single crocheting, badly I might add. Then, I pulled it all out and started crocheting row-after-row of double crochets, until the small skein I was using ran out. Then, I added another random color to the end, and continued. Had no idea what I was making. I just knew I wanted to continue. It felt good. No pressure. It wasn't school related. It wasn't relationship or human related. It was not relevant art related. Just knots. That's it.

Once, I showed my rows of  "whatever" to my husband, and he asked me what I was making, it hit me... a scarf for my Chicago-master's program-bound eldest daughter, Lucia.

Yep. That's what it was and is. I finished this bizzare colorful extra-long and wide crocheted strip of mindless knotted meandering in 3 DAYS!

Yep, something possessed me, and I am not sure who or what it was. Hestia, goddess of home and hearth, or Docter Phil maybe... Who knows? (I feel better, so it must of been both of them... LOL!)

Safety, health, happiness, and peace... Pam

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Perfect for Cia.

Pamela said...

Definitely! I hope she doesn't read my blog until I see her Saturday when I give it to her... She has a thing about gifts always being secrets, and I can never keep gift secrets... LOL!